In an effort to organize our team more and provide an easy way for Davis, Kenny and Ezra to make announcements we are requiring all team members to join the Bagel Bytes Slack account. Slack is a team/business application that allows members of a team or company to get in touch with one another, collaborate, make announcements and send files.
It is avaliable on all mediums of communication (iOS, Google Play, Windows, Mac, Linux) and if fast and lightweight. IF YOU WERE NOT AVALIABLE FOR THE MEETING ON MONDAY, ALL TEAM MEMBERS MUST WRITE THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS THEY WISH TO ASSOCIATE WITH SLACK ON THE FRONT BOARD. Ezra will be inviting each member individually to the general channel and your coresponding sub-team channel.
This is a trial run with this program. As such, please feel free to direct questions, comments and concerns to Ezra, Davis or "Kenny". If you wish to be confidential, email Ezra on his team email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Once you are in the slack application private message Ezra and confirm you are in the Slack channel. Everyone must be in the Slack channel by Thursday.
We recommend putting your notification settings for your sub-team channel to "mentions and highlighted words" and the general channel to "all activities" to avoid unnecessary notifications. We also recommend "memeing" and "casual chatting" in the random channel to avoid disrupting the work flow.
DO NOT SPAM THE GENERAL CHANNEL, DISCIPLINE ACTIONS CAN AND WILL BE TAKEN IF NEEDED.
Mondays (Meetings) - 3:15 - 3:45
Tuesdays - 3:05 - 5:30
Thursdays - 3:05 - 5:30
Notices for May 2nd - 6th:
- Slack has so far been a success in terms of colaboration and getting in touch with people. We will continue to roll out new ideas/plans for Slack in the following weeks. If you have any questions/suggestions on the use of Slack, please PM Ezra.
- Biggs and Wedge are still in development and are needed to be completed and ready to test by Friday! Anyone who can come in and provide assistance should as we are running on a very tight schedule, please refer to work schedule for times we are working.
- We are bringing back the Team Jackets and Hoodies to the Team Store! If you are interested in purchasing a Hoodie/Zip-Up Jacket with our team logo on the back, please see Ezra. Each item comes in blue, black or gray and are $25. We need 10 orders in order to purchase any jackets or hoodies, so get one if you are interested!
- If you have received a nickname or achieved a position of leader on the team (subteam leader, chef engineer, ect.) and wish to have your Team Shirt embroidered, please bring it in to Ezra as soon as possible. We will be taking a batch of them so they can all be embroidered at the same time. If you wish to also have a team jacket or hoodie embroidered as well, please speak to Ezra. Embroidering team shirts will remain free while embroidering jackets/hoodies will be $6.
- We have begun the Yankee Candle fundraiser officially! If you have any questions about it, speak to Ezra or Rosa for more details or clarification.
- Students interested in joining the team as rookies for the Spring 2016 season may apply now! Under Members -> Applications you can find the online portion of the application (estimated time of 10 minutes for completeion) and the parent permissions form. Complete the online portion and turn the parent permission protion in to Ezra in order to become a probationary member ahead of the start of the 2017 season! See Ezra or Davis for more details.
- We are doing a Cooler Master Build Log and Cooler Master Photo Shoot (for the Masterwatt Charger) at some point this week. See Ezra if you are interested in participating. This is to be a small group of volunteers; extra people will be denied.
Congratulations to Ezra "Zelda" on the position of Captain and Kenny "Cheeto Bandito" on the position of Chef Engineer, we wish them good luck! Subteam leaders will be announced on a later date and are being decided on.
Ventura Regional Results
Ventura was a massive success for the team as we showed our true colors, making it passed qualifiers and quarterfinals chosen by the 4th alliance seed, only to get stopped in the semifinals by the stacked 1st alliance seed that ended up taking the win at Ventura. As a team our robot was ranked 25th, but we were ranked 3rd overall. Something to take note of; our alliance came closest to beating the champions of Ventura over anyone else, a true accomplishment in our eyes.
Pixy is tracking and sending commands to the robot. We have it following the reflective tape. A bitbucket account containing the Open Source Pixy code in a easy-to-use package is being worked on right now and written instructions and documentation is in the works as well. All information on the Pixy can be found in the "Current Projects" page under the "Members" tab.
Welcome new sponsor Cooler Master
Culver City High School Robotics, known as the "Bagel Bytes", are extremely excited to welcome our newest sponsor Cooler Master. Thank you for supporting our team, we hope to make this a long and mutually beneficial relationship. Be sure to check out our Cooler Master blog for photos and frequent team updates.
Welcome to the
Culver City High School
Robotics Team Home
Culver City High School Robotics is a team of Students and Professionals who work together to build a robot for the FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) Robotics Competition. The season is six weeks starting in January when we build and test a robot to compete in FIRST Regional Competitions against teams from across California. Winning a regional competition qualifies us to compete in the FIRST Championship Event held in St Louis.
Outside of the season, the team participates in many activities and fundraisers to support the entry and building costs of the competition.